70129Re: [softrock40] Ensemble RX

    Nov 17, 2012
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Ensemble RX

      >is there an easy way to provide a single down laod
      containing all the software needed such that people can easily move from a
      built receiver to a working receiver on their W7 machine?

      Tony,

      For Steve it was, I think, relatively easy just the USB driver gets an experienced SDR user going.
      And good to hear from Fred that proper installers are on the way.

      But for someone who has no experience there may be a great deal to learn.
      I made a summary here http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/configuring-a-softrock-sdr
      I think just a simple download would be far from simple if it were to cater for everyone.

      Rocky seems to be a problem with many, SDRSharp is a good start but needs some computer knowledge for installing as do many of the
      programs.
      Then more computer knowledge on soundcards and configuration.
      A beginner may find SDR programs difficult, many have no proper help files. The centre spike and maybe ground loops cause concern.
      And RX IQ setting and calibration.
      Then, if a TXRX, an understanding of where to look for the signal and image and setting rejection.

      Most constructors who follow Robby's pages will have a good start, someone getting a constructed SDR may have no start.