70118Re: [softrock40] Ensemble RX

  • John Greusel
    Nov 16, 2012
      Driver installation here:

      From: Steve <n4lq@...>
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 9:58 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RX

      I stumbled across the five-dash site and ordered a built Ensemble RX. No instructions were included in the shipment. I've dug around the web gathering bits and pieces of info. I know these things work since I've seen some You Tube videos.
      Anyway. I connected it to the USB port of my XP pc. Instantly I get this pop up saying the usb device was defective. Device mgr. says "unknown device". So I continued to dig around and discoverd you need this certain driver for to make the USB work from PE0FKO. I unzipped that to a folder and tried to install the driver as one normally would however it simply will not install.
      I have emailed Tony at FiveDash but get no response.
      I've searched this group and seen where others had problems but nothing was of any help.
      I'm not exactly a total novice at this. I've had Flex, K3/LP Pan etc. This thing has the least documentation of anything I've ever bought. Zero. and apparently no support.
      It actually sounds great but I'm limited to 40 meters since I can't change bands. I am trying to use Flex Power SDR but of course it won't work without the USB port driver.
      So here I am. What next?
      Steve

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic