70100Re: What's the most TX power anyone has amplified an RXTX to? Just out of curiosity...

  • kk4dcf
    Nov 16, 2012

      > Maybe, but only if you admit it:) WSPR chat scrolls off the bottom, as far as I know it gets lost. So I thought I could mention that
      > without accusing anybody in particular.
      > Don't stop trying, learn what to do. WSPR is good for QRP. Given good conditions 1 watt will reach everywhere on 40m and above. And
      > much less may be used successfully.

      I'm certain it was me. The issue was that I built the kit with TX jumpers crossed and RX jumpers straight for PSDR and then started using linux instead. I forgot I had done that.

      That mistake points out to me that I do not have the equipment needed to do this. Especially the most basic testing gear, another receiver.

      The other major issue is that I don't have a viable home antenna. I've tried a handful of configurations and while I seem to be able to transmit decently (per WSPR and the 1 QSO I've had in the past week) the receive performance is terrible (also per WSPR and the 1 QSO). I expect to setup portable in a good open space next week to try and confirm my issues are antenna related. If that truly is the case then I'm probably just going to sell this all off and try again with a commercial rig in a few years when I move.

      James.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic