      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: alan4alan@...
      Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 06:55:02 +0000
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: What's the most TX power anyone has amplified an RXTX to? Just out of curiosity...

      ----- Original Message -----

      Another related question may be "What is the largest spurious signal transmitted from a Softrock, (or other SDR)."

      On WSPR "Chat" the other day I came across someone who was transmitting without having checked his TX IQ was correct. Transmitting
      on the wrong frequency.
      He also knew nothing about setting TX IQ balance so when the IQ was set correctly his image may have been only 25dB down.
      If he had a fault he could have been transmitting simultaneously on both frequencies without knowing. The same as "mirrored"
      receiving.

      A good understanding of what is involved is necessary before amplifying mistakes. Any soundcard SDR transmitter needs careful
      setting by someone who at least understands the basics. A receiver must be used to check.

      I sometimes wonder when immediately after building a Softrock somebody says "I want more power". It took me quite a while to get a
      fair understanding of the Softrock and software.