70071Re: Receive Sort Of Working

  • wfahle
    Nov 15, 2012
      Interestingly, with all the controversy around I/Q switching, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I haven't got transmit tested yet so this is RX only on the TXRX ensemble. I built mine with TX and RX swapped jumpers as described in my build notes. I was listening via HDSDR the other day and heard W1AW, but it was on the wrong frequency. I unchecked the swap I/Q and it went to the right frequency. This will provide information both for build and for software. Again I don't know the results of the TX yet; I'll check this weekend against my ICOM.

      One fun but unrelated thing of note I did last night was to tune up the ICOM and transmit CW around 7061khz. At the same time, I went to http://w4ax.com and tuned to 40 meters. Sure enough, as soon as I started transmitting, I could see and hear myself delayed a little to get from Texas to Atlanta, through the software, and back to my web page (which was confusing my send; I had to turn down the PC volume). Anyway, an SDR success story, and fun. I tried it again later but the propagation had changed, so your mileage may vary on this test.

      > Patrick
      >
      > As others have said, you appear to need to swap the I and Q channels. In addition, if you have calibrated WWV with the channels reversed then you have likely set the Si5170 far off frequency. I recommend, after you reverse your channels, set the Si5170 back to default, find WWV, and re-calibrate.
      >
      > Warren Allgyer - W8TOD
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Hall <patrickineverett67@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I managed to calibrate the Si570 so that WWV is within 1 kHz.  However, I picked up a ham station on 20m and notice that I could only dial him in on lower sideband.  How do I fix this (reverse the sidebands)?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Patrick

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic