69982Re: RxTx Ensemble no problem!

  • Tim G3PJD
    Nov 12, 2012
      Chris

      Thanks for putting me right. I did follow the link from the FiveDash website to WB5RVZ's site, and found notes for the wrong item. It would have helped if I'd started from the correct kit in the first place!

      A silly mistake on my part, and not a good beginning!

      I have built other devices, most recently an Elecraft kit, which was so comprehensively documented that I felt spoilt, but it does give confidence that I find necessary when the components are so small that I could easily miss something. Although not really necessary, I like the idea of tick boxes to follow, so that's what I will do.

      Just been to Maplin's and bought a Rolson magnifying visor. It's a bit plasticky, but does the job. I usually use a loupe,but that can be difficult to manage after a long session.

      Thanks once again, Chris. Maybe we will Softrock 'n Roll on 20 metres one day!

      73

      Tim
      G3PJD/KN6WQ
      also 2E0AER for training purposes

      > There's a comprehensive colour assembly and testing guide for the RXTX
      > Ensemble on the web, freely down loadable. I found it best to print it
      > all off and use the check boxes to confirm I didn't miss any stages.
      > As a total novice the similar guide took me to a working RX, and two
      > more after that. I then progressed to an RXTX and the guide for that
      > resulted in another excellent project seen to perfect fruition.
      >
      > The manual is here Tim:
      >
      > http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/
      >

      > 12/11/2012 14:09
      >

      > --