69863Re: VHF 2/4/6 meter receiver for Icom 746 if panadapter

  • vbifyz
    Nov 9, 2012
      Don't see why it would not work, but there is one difference you should be aware of. The frequency stability of the VHF Softrock is the same as the "bare" Si570. I can see about 20-30Hz variations when the room temperature changes 5 degrees F. I "ovenized" my VHF Softrock in a KM5H case using a simple thermistor-based controller, and it helped to reduce the drift to a few Hz.
      The controller is similar to this, only with a capacitor in the feedback to make it integrating:
      I glued the thermistor and the heating resistor to the board near Si570 (not to the Si570 itself).

      73, Mike

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "MD" <martyduplissey@...> wrote:
      > Has anyone tapped the 69 mhz if before the roofing filter on a 746 and used the 4 meter version of the vhf receiver for a panadapter. I'm going to try. Just wondering if anyone else has been down this road before and can give any guidance. I am running the 8.83 mhz version with a Kenwood 850 and it works great.
      > Thanks
      > Marty
      > N5KBP
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic