69855Re: ATU for ensemble rxtx

  • vbifyz
    Nov 8, 2012
      No, PTT by itself is not enough. You need a tone to be applied from the TX soundcard output to the Softrock. The output power is proportional to this audio signal. No audio - no RF output.

      I use this setup (RTXT+T1 ATU) for WSPR, so I press the button on T1 when WSPR begins transmitting.

      73, Mike

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kk4dcf" <oohay@...> wrote:

      > Should I be able to run the tuner by just going into cfgsdr and hitting the PTT under test? Doing this or using Tune in powersdr, the T1 doesn't respond. Just flashes for a few seconds then off.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > James.
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kk4dcf" <oohay@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've been trying to get on the air as cheap as possible so I was hoping I wouldn't need an ATU but it seems unavoidable.
      > >
      > > I'm about to pull the trigger on the elecraft T1 and wanted to get some opinions on whether this would be an acceptable pair (ensemble and T1). I picked it mainly because it can report swr and should hold its value well if I ever decide to sell it. I don't have an swr meter.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > James.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic