      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: colin.irwin@...
      Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 01:13:02 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] Announcement & request: aetherSDR software for testing purposes

      Hi,
      I've been developing the aetherSDR software application for some time now and would like to announce the initial release and request some help from devoted individuals in regards to testing it.

      Specifically here are the take away points in regard to the software:
      • I have a website/blog setup at www.aethersdr.org with all the latest information being there
      • The software works very well with the latest generation SoftRock receiver hardware (RX Ensemble II) - at least for me(!)
      • Core computational functionality is implemented in C++ while the application radio/processing configuration is in Python
      • The intent was for this design to allow for quick and easy application development while still being able to process signals in real-time.
      • The software is open source released under the GNU General Public Licence v2
      • Currently it is for Windows platforms only.  The Linux build works OK, but there are a couple of bugs preventing the SDR application from running as it should.  (There are numerous tutorials available and these all work OK under Linux.)
      And so to my request... I could really do with some help in testing the software. There are two elements here:
      1. I would really love for other people to use the software. I've been working on this for years in my spare time and it's finally close enough to being ready to go that I feel I should make it available.
      2. Having the software actually run as "advertised" is important and so independent testing is important. I'd love to have access to different computers and operating systems, but I don't. So I'd like to ask nicely for a couple of individuals to try the software out.
      So - you can find the software and all information that I've published on the website http://www.aethersdr.org . I maintain the source code repository in BitBucket at https://bitbucket.org/colin_irwin/aethersdr. And if you're interested in trying the software out, don't hesitate to contact me on my Yahoo email address or alternatively colin@....

      Thanks in advance.

      Colin

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic