      From: sv1eia
      Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:39 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] PowerSDR v2.4 for Homemade SDR transceivers

      Hi,

      Here is the latest version of PowerSDR application that can be used from the homebrew SDR users for rigs compatible with the USB ATTiny DG8SAQ/PE0GKO firmware

      -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2_for_Homemade_Rigs.zip

      It is a new concept that it looks to me should move forward and that is to have the homemade rigs act emulating as the SDR1000, thus any integration and the following of the main application advances from a developer's view are much easier.
      So that is the main direction of this setup. Instructions on how to do this are included , with links for any required download.

      The principle is that the main installer from FlexRadio will be used and only a couple of files included in the above archive will simply copied onto the PowerSDR program installation folder to perform the USB firmware integration/emulation. As simple as that.

      Of course all platforms are supported XP/Vista/W7 on 32/64 bits and a USB ATTiny firmware signed driver for all of them is also included.

      This is for non-commercial use and at user's responsibility, meant only for homemade rigs and home users that want to have experimentation and get acquainted with SDR.

      Enjoy & 73,
      Christos SV1EIA
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/

      P.S.