69680Re: [softrock40] Re: ATU for ensemble rxtx

  • Eric Söderman
    Nov 1, 2012

      Then I recommend to feed with balanced line and use a balanced tuner. I just moved to a new qth and will use a similar antenna and that is the recomendation I received.

      Eric SA5BKE

      On 1 Nov 2012 17:35, "kk4dcf" <oohay@...> wrote:

      I have to use an attic antenna in an attic that's not long enough. I'm going to use a 44' dipole with 90 degree bends at ~ 16' on both ends for 20m/40m.
      I could go with a much cheaper manual tuner, but I don't have an swr meter to verify its results.

      James.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Eric Söderman <eric@...> wrote:

      > I dont see why you absolutely need an atu. It depends on what antenna you
      > use. If you dont want to spend money then build a manual matcher or more
      > antennas (maybe trap dipole or other options)
      >
      > Eric sa5bke
      > On Nov 1, 2012 3:02 AM, "kk4dcf" <oohay@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I've been trying to get on the air as cheap as possible so I was hoping I
      > > wouldn't need an ATU but it seems unavoidable.
      > >
      > > I'm about to pull the trigger on the elecraft T1 and wanted to get some
      > > opinions on whether this would be an acceptable pair (ensemble and T1). I
      > > picked it mainly because it can report swr and should hold its value well
      > > if I ever decide to sell it. I don't have an swr meter.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > James.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic