69658Re: [softrock40] Re: ATU for ensemble rxtx

  • Kevin Kleinfelter
    Nov 1 12:29 PM
      I built a BLTPlus tuner (from Hendricks QRP kits) specifically for this purpose.  While it does not display SWR, it has an LED which goes dark at 1-1 SWR.  I just finished building it, so I haven't had a chance to test it out, but it is cheap, easy to build, and seems tailor-made for a SoftRock.
      Kevin K4KPK

      On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM, kk4dcf <oohay@...> wrote:

      I have to use an attic antenna in an attic that's not long enough. I'm going to use a 44' dipole with 90 degree bends at ~ 16' on both ends for 20m/40m.
      I could go with a much cheaper manual tuner, but I don't have an swr meter to verify its results.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Eric Söderman <eric@...> wrote:
      > I dont see why you absolutely need an atu. It depends on what antenna you
      > use. If you dont want to spend money then build a manual matcher or more
      > antennas (maybe trap dipole or other options)
      > Eric sa5bke
      > On Nov 1, 2012 3:02 AM, "kk4dcf" <oohay@...> wrote:
      > > **

      > > I've been trying to get on the air as cheap as possible so I was hoping I
      > > wouldn't need an ATU but it seems unavoidable.
      > >
      > > I'm about to pull the trigger on the elecraft T1 and wanted to get some
      > > opinions on whether this would be an acceptable pair (ensemble and T1). I
      > > picked it mainly because it can report swr and should hold its value well
      > > if I ever decide to sell it. I don't have an swr meter.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > James.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic