      Da: Lawrence Galea <galea_lawrence@...>
      A: "softrock40@yahoogroups.com" <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      Inviato: Giovedì 1 Novembre 2012 8:34
      Oggetto: Re: [softrock40] Re: Bad chip?

      Another trick is to tread a thin insulated wire or a wire which does not take solder easily under the pins on one side, solder the end of the wire to a suitable solder pad near one side of the chip, then heat the pins one by one starting from the one farthest away from where you soldered the wire to the solder pad and when the solder melts pull the wire under the pin. This will push up the pin from the pcb. Do all the pins on one side and them to the other side.
      Regards
      Lawrence
                                    Chip pins
                                               Chip

      Hope this explains.
      0 is solder pad where wire is soldered
      First heat the pin from the right hand side on the diagram and when solder melts pull the wire under the pin to the top of the page in this diagram and move towards the left pin by pin.
      Then do the same to the other side.