69634Re: [softrock40] Peaberry using PowerSDR2.4.4 I/Q Reverse on TX only

  • David Turnbull
    Oct 31, 2012
      Dave,

      I'm using the executable built by SV1EIA that was in the zip fie for making 2.4.4 work for homebrew.

      When you toggle the TS-2000 from USB to LSB then you are tuning in a completely different 3kHz of spectrum. I think you're mistaking beat frequency for the local oscillator. The line displayed PowerSDR is not the LO or center frequency, it is the beat frequency. The LO in PowerSDR is always 8kHz below the beat frequency. This is very different from traditional radios.

      It sound like your Si570 may be mis-calibrated. You can use CFGSR to set the calibration and make sure all your applications are reset to defaults or zero.

      73 David AE9RB

      On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Dave Watson <davewatson@...> wrote:

      David,

      I just retested on a Kenwood TS-2000 and a Flex-5000A. No possibility of misconfiguration there as I'm simply listening to what is being transmitted. On the TS-2000, I hear the signal on LSB and I don't hear the signal on USB. On the Flex, I see the signal below the center frequency on USB and above the center frequency on LSB.

      When you test with PowerSDR are you using the Flex built executable v2.4.4 with TNF capability?

      Dave (W4DJW)

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic