69621Re: [softrock40] Peaberry using PowerSDR2.4.4 I/Q Reverse on TX only

  • John Williams
    Oct 31, 2012
      I got my RXTX pre-built from Tony and he said he tested it on Rocky. He wired it RX straight and TX crossed. To get it to work on PSDR, I made a cable that crosses RX.

      Confusing, but that is what I have.

      On 10/31/2012 11:45 AM, David Turnbull wrote:

      The following two paragraphs from from

      "In both the RX op amp and TX QSE sections, the jumper links on the
      I/Q input and outputs should ideally be fitted crossed over. That
      provides compatibility with all versions of PowerSDR. For Rocky and
      Winrad it is necessary to use the 'swap IQ' functions in their set up.
      If you jumper them straight across fine for Rocky and Winrad, but you
      will not be able to use any version of PSDR. (Author wired for Rocky)"

      "Some builders (author included) have encountered issues in this setup
      and siscovered that the only the TX leads should be crossed, leaving
      the RX leads uncrossed. Be prepared to change these should you
      encounter this issue."

      I own a SoftRock RXTX Ensemble and wiring them as per the first
      paragraph, with both crossed, left me in a situation where Rocky was
      impossible to set up. Making the change in the second paragraph allows
      use on Rocky, but PowerSDR was impossible.

      I have tested many different applications with the Peaberry and would
      love a design that didn't require i/Q reversal. Unfortunately, this
      doesn't seem possible when two very popular applications appear in
      direct conflict with each other and are inflexible with their

      To everyone who transmits with both PowerSDR and Rocky on a RXTX
      Ensemble: What versions are you using? How are your jumpers set up?

      73 David AE9RB

      On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Alan <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> [...]

      John Williams
      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic