69572Re: RXTX ensemble Trouble

  • Jaco Le roux
    Oct 29, 2012
      Hi Alan,

      Something is seriously wrong here, I have tried to TX when all is running and does seem to tx but with now power out, I have set my other radio to a frequency and TX from the RXTX, I can hear myself but the meter does not reflect any power out, While TX'ing I took the board in my hands to see If there could be something ells that I can see and when I touched the 2N2222 heat sink the audio on the receiver radio become very loud, but still nou output, Will this be part of the same problem I'm having or what ells could be the problem.

      Sorry for all the trouble, I just want to enjoy the RXTX as I did before.

      73'

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jaco Le roux" <zs3jlr@...> wrote:

      > This time it lasted for 41min, it still the same.... I'm starting to think that the Si570 is damaged.
      >

      > 73'
      >

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jaco Le roux" <zs3jlr@> wrote:
      > >

      > > OK, Let me put it this way, every time I re-solder the Si570 and plug it in it works for a while, So I have done this test,
      > >
      > > I have disconnected everything for about 20min and reconnected it to the PC, It worked again.
      > >
      > > Now, I have found that the Si570 does get hot but not like in very much, Tested temp round about 42 - 45 Degrees C.. (not a good thermometer)
      > >
      > > after 30min...
      > > I have re-solder the Si570 again with lots of solder and it keep going now for about 30min, but will see if this is going to work...
      > >
      > > Thanks for now.
      > >
      > > 73'
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan4alan@> wrote:

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic