69190RE: [softrock40] I'll refine the question about HDSDR and fldigi

  • MIKE DURKIN
    Oct 5, 2012
      Sounds like cross mixing ...

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: bdewitt@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:37:22 -0400
      Subject: [softrock40] I'll refine the question about HDSDR and fldigi

      I find the setup instructions documented in the files area to be very complete and well stated.  I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around the operational issue of tuning within HDSDR and Fldigi.

      If I transmit a pure carrier with HDSDR, and listen via headphones to the sound card output, I get an expected zero to something higher audio tone being the difference between “LO” and “Tune”.  When I connect Fldigi to the headphones, I get an expected modulated audio with an offset appropriate to the “tuned” reading on the Fldigi waterfall.  When I transmit Fldigi through VAC to HDSDR and listen to the sound card output, I hear the dominant offset from HDSDR with some Fldigi modulation superimposed on it.

      Is this the expected output, or do I still have something wrong?

      Thanks all!

      Brent, AB1LF

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic