      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: K7RE@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:36:25 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Rocky 3.7 on a W7 machine Update

      Folks:

      I did get HDSDR to run on my Win7 Pro 64 bit with little effort. Everything, including the frequency control via the EXTIO DLL and PTT via the USB port works perfectly.

      In view of all of the other responses to this question, it is apparent to me that Rocky 3.7 simply will not work properly, especially the frequency control for the Si570.

      It has been suggested by Alex that I need a faster machine. Sorry, with all due respect, this IS a fast machine. 4 core I5 CPU, 8 GB of memory. HDSDR runs at about 10-15% maximum CPU capacity.

      Also,the sound card is a Delta 66.

      I therefore submit, that I have only seen examples from others that they also have NOT been able to get Rocky to run on their Win7 systems either, that Rocky be abandoned as a user's first program in which to test their Softrock, IF they are running a Win7 64 bit machine. I can not speak to the 32 bit version at this time.

      I suggest that HDSDR be used as a first program in which to test, again, IF you are running Win7.

      I do intend to set up one of my old P4 PC's with Ubuntu and run one of the 3 Linux programs suggested programs at some point.

      Thanks to all for your feedback and recommendations.

      Brian K7RE

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic