69148Re: Rocky 3.7 on a W7 machine?

  • warrenallgyer
    Oct 4, 2012
      Hi Tony

      I use Win XP on a netbook with a Griffin USB card for speakers out and the internal Realtek cards for Line In and Line out. This is my "air" machine, and it works well with Rocky on BPSK31 and CW. On this machine I also run WSPR and HDSDR with no problems.

      My second machine is Win 7 and on it I successfully run WSPR and HDSDR, however I get a lot of crackling and popping on Rocky and its operation is not satisfactory at all on Win 7. This machine is used primary as a test bed and is not normally operational.

      I have had several conversations with Alex about the Win7 performance and he simply says "Get a faster computer".

      Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Good Afternoon All,
      >
      > I do all my testing of Ensemble receivers and transceivers on a XP machine with a Delta 44 soundcard. Works reliably and get me though the testing of built Ensemble units. However, people using W7 machines seem to have trouble getting built Ensemble boards to function properly.
      >
      > The question is then: are people having any success with Rocky 3.7 on a W7 machine? If no success with Rocky 3.7 on a W7 machine, what SDR software is playing properly?
      >
      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic