68343Re: [softrock40] Removing Flux

  • Keith Carter
    Sep 4, 2012
      Hi Tim,
      No, I was Army; but worked in the Metrology division at USMCLB Albany as a civilian afterward for a short while. I was communications NCO during the early '70's.
      Keith

      On 9/3/2012 10:37 PM, Tim Campbell wrote:

      Keith,

      Were you in the Marines?  If so what year did you attend the Metrology school?

      Tim KB2MFS

      On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Keith Carter <kcarter49@...> wrote:

      I worked for the USMC in the Metrology division in the early "80's. All the circuit boards that we manufactured were cleaned with denatured alcohol routinely. Must have been known to cause no long term problems because we soaked boards in the stuff.
      KF4BI

      On 9/2/2012 4:15 PM, Jerry Kaidor wrote:

      > Apparently the strong kind is not available in California.
      *** Um, I think it is. I'll go down and check my can....
      The description reads:

      Denatured Alcohol
      High grade fuel for alcohol burning chafing dishes and marine stoves.

      Sounds like the strong kind to me. Bought it at the local house paint
      store.

      - Jerry, KF6VB

      No virus found in this message.

      No virus found in this message.