68316Re: Removing Flux - even further off topic

  • rlramirez77
    Sep 3, 2012
      That's a nice blend, good for all kinds of things :-) It's a spray flux remover with difluoroethane as a propellant? The Toluene is best for the rosin, the Heptane (gasoline is mainly hexane, heptane and octane) is good for aliphatic resins/gums that could be used to stabilize the rosin.

      I once used a hexane-based contact cleaner to remove makeup from a new sweater - worked perfectly.

      Russ
      K0WFS