67700Re: [softrock40] Built Peaberry SDRs available

  • David Turnbull
    Aug 16, 2012
    Tim, the RXTX case is the correct one for the Peaberry. All the hardware is included.  Attached is a picture. The only parts on the bottom of the board are 20 bypass caps, so the KM5H case lets you show off the whole project by removing two screws.

    David, I have no plans to construct other bands at this time.

    73 David AE9RB

    On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Tim Campbell <kb2mfs@...> wrote:

    Does the softrock rxtx case from KM5H also fit the Peaberry?  I didn't see a specific case listed.

    Thanks
    Tim KB2MFS

    On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

    Good Afternoon,

    I have a few 40m/30m/20m Peaberry SDRs built and tested in the store
    right now. I constructed these by hand by opening a few kits and
    following my own directions. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to do
    this. The SMT work goes fast, but the coils are time consuming.

    http://AE9RB.com

    I just started getting reports of folks successfully completing the
    kit as of a few days ago. Nobody had issues with the PSoC or PCM3060!
    Even so, I'm now offering the option to have these parts installed
    before I ship the kit.

    If your Peaberry radio has 1kHz USB spurs on the center of 30m, I have
    new firmware for you. The spurs won't hurt anything so no rush to
    upgrade. There currently aren't any outstanding issues and I've been
    doing a lot of testing on the air with MEPT_JT over the past few
    weeks. So I think the current release of firmware is pretty solid.

    Software compatibility turns out to be less troublesome than I
    expected. The Peaberry sound cards are USB audio, coded to the
    official spec, and use drivers written by the OS vendor (Microsoft,
    Apple, et al) so you don't have to suffer with junk drivers or defer
    OS upgrades. This appears to have been a good choice as I have reports
    of HDSDR, WSPR, SDR#, DSP Radio, and even PowerSDR working.

    73 David AE9RB

  • Show all 10 messages in this topic