67646Re: [softrock40] UPDATE - 5V rail issues, or lack of it, on Ensemble RX II [1 Attachment]

  • Chris Wilson
    Aug 15, 2012

      > One quick question, the only component I am not happy with is C34.
      > This is a 0.1mfd SMD capacitor across C2 on the 3.3V rail. If this
      > was faulty what would be the effect? I am not sure if the one end is
      > soldered on correctly as it looks like the end plate that solders to
      > the board is missing due to possible overheating. Unfortuantely I
      > cannot change it as I used up all the spares while building it, if
      > need be I will oreder some more from wherever I can.
      >
      > I appreciate any help given and hopefully I can get this working correctly.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Neal
      > G1UQK

      16/08/2012 01:44

      I definitely don't like the look of C34, as you say. Whether that has
      anything at all to do with your issues I am not qualified to say, but
      it certainly looks suspect.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. M6DFV