67550Re: [softrock40] Curiosity on Mars

  • Jasmine Strong
    Aug 11, 2012
      And with 1 kW of waste heat from the plutonium system, it won't freeze to death or stop working during the dark winter months-  giving us the first opportunity to see what happens on the surface during a Martian winter!

      -J.

      On 11 Aug 2012, at 11:55, David <aj4tf@...> wrote:

      They have not, Curiosity has not moved since it landed. But it will soon. With a nuclear power source, it will not be dependent on dusty solar cells like the previous rovers were.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > I think I am not adding 2+2 very well this morning... I even wondered
      > how I had missed the notion that 'Curiosity' had been traveling enough
      > to make those tracks! I don't think they have actually put it into
      > forward gear yet!
      >
      > K2BET

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic