67535Re: [softrock40] Fwd: Re: Curiosity on Mars

  • Bruce Tanner
    Aug 11, 2012
      David, with further reading of info on the site... You are correct! My apologies to the group for the miss-information!  Another case of 'seen a little of Mars, seen it all', is all the excuse I can offer!

      Redfaced, K2BET

      ----
      On 8/11/2012 11:52 AM, David wrote:

      This is not Curiosity, it is a panoramic view from the MER "Opportunity" taken between December 2011 and May 2012. JPL halted activity on Opportunity to allow comms bandwidth for the Curiosity landing. Now that has occurred, they plan to start driving Opportunity again soon. It has traveled more than 34km since landing on Mars in January 2004.

      The other MER, "Spirit" has not been heard from since March 2010.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > Here is a view of the 'Curiosity' tracks on Mars. If you look carefully
      > you can just about make out the 'JPL' in Morse Code within the tracks,
      > towards the middle-left of the image. This image was saved from the recently
      > released '360 Panoramic View' around 'Curiosity'. Quite a scene to
      > behold. Get if via the URL below.
      >
      > <http://panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html>
      >
      > Bruce
      >

      > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7375 (20120810) __________