66282Re: [softrock40] (OT) Friday's Storm and Power Outage [1 Attachment]

  • Bruce Tanner
    Jul 3, 2012
      BTW, the Southern edge of the storm likely 'cuffed' Tony Park's location as well. I hope the SMA components were well secured and weighted down with something like lead!

      On 7/3/2012 3:50 PM, Bruce Tanner wrote:

      I recently received this from a FB friend... it shows the radar image of the storm when it was going through the area where Pete lives and beyond to the East. I have never seen such an image like this before. I feel fortunate to be located to the North of the storm region!

      Bruce, K2BET

      On 7/3/2012 3:37 PM, Sid Boyce wrote:

      On Sunday listening to the local echolink node I heard a guy asking a UK ham if he could assist in getting in touch via phone or skype to some folks in the Mid West as power and telephone links were down where he was and he was on emergency power with a 2m rig.
      That was the first time I had heard about the damage, it sounded dire.

      Some of the usual places over here have suffered flooding and one guy drowned when presumably his car suddenly went into unexpectedly deep water and he got out and lost his footing.

      Here in the Midlands we had quite a bit of heavy rain but not enough to cause any inconvenience or damage.

      Hope the clear up and restoration of power isn't very much more prolonged.
      73 ... Sid.

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7268 (20120703) __________