64369Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RXII - we have lift off - almost...

  • EB4APL
    May 2, 2012
      John,

      Did you tried to engage the NB? It make wonders in impulse type noise.

      73 de Ignacio, EB4APL (just on the other side of the world)

      On 03/05/2012 2:51, maramaxt wrote:

      Thanks Bruce - that's a thought that had crossed my mind but then the cattle may force their way into our property and cause mayhem! Trust me...you don't want to have a herd of cows in your garden :)

      I want to thank you for all your help Bruce, including your most recent posts. They're hugely appreciated!

      73, John, ZL1AZS

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > :-) ! Great! Congratulations, John! About that neighbor... you do have a
      > set of 'dikes' (Diagonal Cutters) don't you?
      >
      > On 5/2/2012 1:54 PM, maramaxt wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi group.
      > >
      > > Yessss!!! My god this RX is amazing. I changed the I/Q from outs to
      > > ins and voila! there it was.
      > >
      > > I haven't been back to sleep and have spent the last hour playing.
      > > This RX is so quiet and sensitive it blows me away. I can hear DX I
      > > wasn't even aware of with my two golden oldies, the Yaesu FRG-7700 RX
      > > and the Icom 701 RX/TX. And this is on a simple 80m long-wire antenna.
      > >
      > > The HDSDR interface takes some getting used to, but it's very tweakable.
      > >
      > > Thank you Tony Parks and this group for all your help and energy
      > > putting this amazing RX together - physically and via your support!
      > >
      > > 73 John ZL1AZS
      > >
      > > PS: The thing that is disturbingly loud are the pulses from the next
      > > door neighbor's electric fence!

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic