64368Re: Ensemble RXII - we have lift off - almost...

  • maramaxt
    May 2 5:51 PM
      Thanks Bruce - that's a thought that had crossed my mind but then the cattle may force their way into our property and cause mayhem! Trust me...you don't want to have a herd of cows in your garden :)

      I want to thank you for all your help Bruce, including your most recent posts. They're hugely appreciated!

      73, John, ZL1AZS

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > :-) ! Great! Congratulations, John! About that neighbor... you do have a
      > set of 'dikes' (Diagonal Cutters) don't you?
      >
      > On 5/2/2012 1:54 PM, maramaxt wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi group.
      > >
      > > Yessss!!! My god this RX is amazing. I changed the I/Q from outs to
      > > ins and voila! there it was.
      > >
      > > I haven't been back to sleep and have spent the last hour playing.
      > > This RX is so quiet and sensitive it blows me away. I can hear DX I
      > > wasn't even aware of with my two golden oldies, the Yaesu FRG-7700 RX
      > > and the Icom 701 RX/TX. And this is on a simple 80m long-wire antenna.
      > >
      > > The HDSDR interface takes some getting used to, but it's very tweakable.
      > >
      > > Thank you Tony Parks and this group for all your help and energy
      > > putting this amazing RX together - physically and via your support!
      > >
      > > 73 John ZL1AZS
      > >
      > > PS: The thing that is disturbingly loud are the pulses from the next
      > > door neighbor's electric fence!
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Tanner <bet110@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That is way too much CPU use, PJ. I suggest you give a try with a
      > > > couple of other programs and see if they make a difference. 'SDR#'
      > > > might be one... "HDSDR" another. Not sure what capability your computer
      > > > has but most of these programs are using 4-8% CPU usage with my Win
      > > > 7,64 bit system with about 4 gigs of memory.
      > > >
      > > > bet

      > > less

      > > signature database 7105 (20120502) __________

      > > http://www.eset.com