64353Re: Ensemble RXII - we have lift off - almost...

  • maramaxt
    May 2, 2012
      Hi group.

      Yessss!!! My god this RX is amazing. I changed the I/Q from outs to ins and voila! there it was.

      I haven't been back to sleep and have spent the last hour playing. This RX is so quiet and sensitive it blows me away. I can hear DX I wasn't even aware of with my two golden oldies, the Yaesu FRG-7700 RX and the Icom 701 RX/TX. And this is on a simple 80m long-wire antenna.

      The HDSDR interface takes some getting used to, but it's very tweakable.

      Thank you Tony Parks and this group for all your help and energy putting this amazing RX together - physically and via your support!

      73 John ZL1AZS

      PS: The thing that is disturbingly loud are the pulses from the next door neighbor's electric fence!

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > That is way too much CPU use, PJ. I suggest you give a try with a
      > couple of other programs and see if they make a difference. 'SDR#'
      > might be one... "HDSDR" another. Not sure what capability your computer
      > has but most of these programs are using 4-8% CPU usage with my Win
      > 7,64 bit system with about 4 gigs of memory.
      >
      > bet
      >
      > On 5/2/2012 12:31 PM, PJ wrote:
      > >
      > > Would some one tell me the symptoms of overloading the soundcard
      > > please. I some times get a garbled audio output that could be
      > > overloading or just that my computer isn't capable of keeping up. The
      > > Winrad screen CPU bar sometimes indicates 100% and sometimes much less
      > > so I don't really know.
      > > P. J. Hicks, N7PXY

      > > signature database 7104 (20120502) __________

      > > http://www.eset.com