64336Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RXII - we have lift off - almost...

  • Bruce Tanner
    May 2, 2012
      Missed your last "? mark"... Yes, that cable from the Softrock to the sound system goes to an 'Input' on the sound card. You then use your 'audio out' for listening to the demodulated audio with phones or speaker.

      On 5/2/2012 12:43 AM, maramaxt wrote:

      Thank you Bruce for taking the time to clarify the process!

      # I have indeed installed HDSDR. I must have installed the skins in error.

      # The only driver I've installed is PE0FKO-USB-Driver-1.2.5.0. Looking at the zip file contents I see several files named libusb0.dll, so that's probably the correct driver?

      # I did a search for EXTio.dll on the system but all it found was one dll file named ExtIO_Si570.dll, in the Programs\CFGSR folder. In case that's the dll file you wer4e referring to, I've placed a copy of it in the Programs\HDSDR folder.

      # with regard to your other post, I did have some confusion over the I/Q signals and where they connect to the audio interface. I figured that since the socket on the SDR board was an INPUT, the other end of the lead would plug into two of the four audio interface OUTPUTS.

      I wondered about this since those audio interface outputs usually go to a channel on the Behringer mixing desk where I can monitor the audio stream. So it should go to the interface inputs?

      John

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > John, I'll take a crack at this with you. I am sure others will join if
      > they have an idea also.
      >
      > First, you seem to be referring to the "PSDR" software but you are
      > referring to it as "HDSDR"... they are two different versions of
      > software and I think only "PSDR" has 'skins' needed. Please check and
      > correct us on that issue before anything else.
      >
      > You have not mentioned installation of any driver files but there is a
      > need to install the 'libUSB(0)' driver to make the Si-570 vfo part of
      > the project function in the software. Let us know if you have that
      > installed.
      >
      > Lastly, for now... You mention use of 'HDSDR'... if you are in fact
      > using that software, you will need to place the driver file 'EXTio.dll'
      > into the same folder that you have made for 'HDSDR'. That driver allows
      > that program to control the Si-570 VFO as well.
      >
      > Let's clear these issues up and then go from there. Sounds like you
      > should not be too far from the goal posts to me....
      >
      > Bruce, K2BET
      >
      > On 5/1/2012 9:00 PM, maramaxt wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Group.
      > >
      > > Wow! This little beauty works...almost. Antenna input seems dead.
      > >
      > > Here's some info:
      > >
      > > Softrock Ensemble RXII Receiver, HF version, powered via 12v battery.
      > >
      > > PC - WinXP/SP3, plenty of Ram, Quad Chip, configured to allow Wav
      > > audio only, using M-AUDIO as the device.
      > > Sound Card - External M-Audio Firewire Audiophile, 2 INS, 4 OUTS.
      > >
      > > Installed (In this order):
      > > HDSDR Skins,
      > > CFGSR (set to my HF ensemble but haven't touched anything else in
      > > here). USB is shown as functional.
      > > HDSDR (Set to use the M-AUDIO soundcard)
      > >
      > > Everything looks good in HDSDR v2.13.0.15. I'm able to listen to a
      > > looped SDR wave file, see the waterfall display etc. AFAIK everything
      > > here seems to be functional. Sound is ok, monitored via the headphone
      > > out on the M-AUDIO soundcard.
      > >
      > > But connecting an antenna to the RXII, and HDSDR's input to the
      > > soundcard does nothing, just a blank moving waterfall window with a
      > > small central node.
      > >
      > > I hope i've given you enough info to point me in the right direction.
      > >
      > > I have seen something on this forum a while back about "antenna makes
      > > no difference" but I hope you'll forgive that I can't locate it.
      > >
      > > Any input receive with gratitude!
      > >
      > > John ZL1AZS

      > > signature database 7102 (20120501) __________

      > > http://www.eset.com