64331Re: Ensemble RXII - we have lift off - almost...

  • maramaxt
    May 1, 2012
      Thank you Bruce for taking the time to clarify the process!

      # I have indeed installed HDSDR. I must have installed the skins in error.

      # The only driver I've installed is PE0FKO-USB-Driver-1.2.5.0. Looking at the zip file contents I see several files named libusb0.dll, so that's probably the correct driver?

      # I did a search for EXTio.dll on the system but all it found was one dll file named ExtIO_Si570.dll, in the Programs\CFGSR folder. In case that's the dll file you wer4e referring to, I've placed a copy of it in the Programs\HDSDR folder.

      # with regard to your other post, I did have some confusion over the I/Q signals and where they connect to the audio interface. I figured that since the socket on the SDR board was an INPUT, the other end of the lead would plug into two of the four audio interface OUTPUTS.

      I wondered about this since those audio interface outputs usually go to a channel on the Behringer mixing desk where I can monitor the audio stream. So it should go to the interface inputs?

      John

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > John, I'll take a crack at this with you. I am sure others will join if
      > they have an idea also.
      >
      > First, you seem to be referring to the "PSDR" software but you are
      > referring to it as "HDSDR"... they are two different versions of
      > software and I think only "PSDR" has 'skins' needed. Please check and
      > correct us on that issue before anything else.
      >
      > You have not mentioned installation of any driver files but there is a
      > need to install the 'libUSB(0)' driver to make the Si-570 vfo part of
      > the project function in the software. Let us know if you have that
      > installed.
      >
      > Lastly, for now... You mention use of 'HDSDR'... if you are in fact
      > using that software, you will need to place the driver file 'EXTio.dll'
      > into the same folder that you have made for 'HDSDR'. That driver allows
      > that program to control the Si-570 VFO as well.
      >
      > Let's clear these issues up and then go from there. Sounds like you
      > should not be too far from the goal posts to me....
      >
      > Bruce, K2BET
      >
      > On 5/1/2012 9:00 PM, maramaxt wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Group.
      > >
      > > Wow! This little beauty works...almost. Antenna input seems dead.
      > >
      > > Here's some info:
      > >
      > > Softrock Ensemble RXII Receiver, HF version, powered via 12v battery.
      > >
      > > PC - WinXP/SP3, plenty of Ram, Quad Chip, configured to allow Wav
      > > audio only, using M-AUDIO as the device.
      > > Sound Card - External M-Audio Firewire Audiophile, 2 INS, 4 OUTS.
      > >
      > > Installed (In this order):
      > > HDSDR Skins,
      > > CFGSR (set to my HF ensemble but haven't touched anything else in
      > > here). USB is shown as functional.
      > > HDSDR (Set to use the M-AUDIO soundcard)
      > >
      > > Everything looks good in HDSDR v2.13.0.15. I'm able to listen to a
      > > looped SDR wave file, see the waterfall display etc. AFAIK everything
      > > here seems to be functional. Sound is ok, monitored via the headphone
      > > out on the M-AUDIO soundcard.
      > >
      > > But connecting an antenna to the RXII, and HDSDR's input to the
      > > soundcard does nothing, just a blank moving waterfall window with a
      > > small central node.
      > >
      > > I hope i've given you enough info to point me in the right direction.
      > >
      > > I have seen something on this forum a while back about "antenna makes
      > > no difference" but I hope you'll forgive that I can't locate it.
      > >
      > > Any input receive with gratitude!
      > >
      > > John ZL1AZS

      > > signature database 7102 (20120501) __________

      > > http://www.eset.com