      Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Made a QSO with SDR exciter

      Congrats Terry.

      Guess I forgot to post on how the Tx/Rx changeover can be seutp --
      PowerSDR can use a serial port on the PC to control the SoftRock T/R switching

      To set it up, you will need to go into Setup->CAT and Enable PTT Control
      on that page, by selecting a port and checking RTS as the pin to use.

      The comm port will be setup such that:

      DTR - T/R out positive = Xmit, negative=Recv -- this goes the SoftRock
      T/R line

      RTS - will be tied positive

      CTS - PTT in -- pull high to xmit.

      If PowerSDR insists upon going into MOX when you start it you will need to
      start it with a --ignore-pp- ptt option to get it to ignore the parallel port.

      You can also hook a key to the Serial port and use PowerSDR's keyer --
      I'll have to look around a bit and find the docs on the wiring for that.

      Cheers,

      Bill (kd5tfd)

      At 08:15 PM 10/1/2006, Terry wrote:
      >Well, I have added myself to those who actually made a QSO using Tony's
      >new exciter. At 855PM this evening, I was able to talk with WU9F in
      >Madison, WI (his name is also Terry). My RST was only 449, but it came
      >up during the QSO. Madison on 1/2 watt from Charleston, SC isn't too
      >bad for a first-time contact.
      >
      >Now, if only I can figure out PowerSDR with my laptop (keying and turn-
      >around of audio is a pain). Tx/Rx changeover was a lot of fun!!
      >Terry

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic