      From: Robert Nickels <w9ran@...>
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Raspberry PI stand alone SDR
      Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:10:33 -0600

      Interesting discussion. I do think the R-Pi group deserves accolades
      for standing firm on features vs. cost and avoiding feature creep that
      would adversely affect their target applications in education and
      training. As engineers we know how strong the temptation can be!

      But speaking as a former engineer-turned-business development guy, I'd
      suggest that the best way to influence the design of future devices
      based on the R-Pi platform would be to show the developers what those
      features could do to enhance their educational mission. And since it is
      clear that SDR is the future of radio, and that knowledge of radio in
      all its myriad forms will be a critical success factor for those
      developing the products of the future, this ought to not be too difficult.

      73, Bob W9RAN

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic