55883Re: [softrock40] Re: Softrock sensitivity.

    May 31, 2011

      Subject: RE: [softrock40] Re: Softrock sensitivity.

      > I can SEE signals down at -120dBm but they are essentially inaudible,
      > almost as if the software can identify them but the audio processing does
      > not allow them to be distinguished from the noise.

      Martin,

      Forget about hearing signals!
      What you see are the results of the software's analysis of the signal.
      The waterfall shows the result of sampling the audio, splitting it into tiny
      pieces and comparing every bit.
      The signal is well below the noise level, you will never hear it.
      This page shows some of my reception of weak stations, I am very unlikely to
      even hear the carrier of some of these stations.
      <http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/greyteq.htm>