51232Re: Two identical USB sound cards at the same time? (Windows XP)

  • Sivan
    Jan 4, 2011

      > Well done! I did not think it would be easy.
      > I expect it only works at 16 bits but the Windows driver is better than
      > Creative if you want to run two of them. I wonder what is the limit to the
      > number of cards.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      If I remember correctly, the 16-bit versus 24-bit was the reason that I installed the Creative drivers in the first place. If somebody knows whether this really makes a difference, I'll be happy to hear about it.

      The two copies of WSPR produces spots that seemed pretty normal to me, compared to earlier nights, and with a similar geographic range. So I don't think that switching the drivers has a bad effect on WSPR. Maybe WSPR only reads 16 bits; I can check.

      Sivan
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic