50157Re: [softrock40] SR6.1, DDS-60 and WA6UFQ parallel port DDS Controller

    Dec 2, 2010

      Subject: [softrock40] SR6.1, DDS-60 and WA6UFQ parallel port DDS Controller

      > Unfortunately neither my current shack computer nor my new boat computer
      > ( http://netbook2chartplotter.blogspot.com ) has a parallel port. The only
      > decent machine I have left with a parallel port is the 2Ghz P4 laptop in
      > my lab.

      For anyone who uses a computer with older hardware it is still possible to
      get full-spec motherboards with both parallel and serial ports. Both
      full-size and mini ITX are available.
      The only "problem" is getting it built although if anyone can make a
      Softrock and get it going they should be able to build a computer.
      I understand that proper USB/LPT adaptors are available but all I have seen
      are just intended for printers.
      Of course internal cards are available.