49337Re: CW, RTTY etc. decoding

  • Philip
    Nov 2, 2010
      Thanks Bob...

      The virtual cable sounds interesting..
      Very new to all this as I'm an old fashioned ham (G4JVF) but last night
      I had my SR 40M receiver on my main computer and Fldigi decoding the CW
      on my net book coupled via a microphone.

      Messy but it worked well and certainly got my interest to go further with this...

      The "mic coupling" has the disadvantage that the noises drive the family mad :)

      Seriously good fun this SDR stuff

      Regards
      Philip

      > Hi Philip,
      >
      > Its very easy to run any most of the available sound card data mode programs with the SDR RX.
      >
      > I mainly use PowerSDR and the external VAC software to pass the digitised 'auto' stream over a virtual cable to the data mode program.
      >
      > A lot depends on personal choice. There are several good programs with multi mode capability, MixW, Fldigi, MultiPSK, HRD etc.
      >
      > I actually favour using individual programs for each mode as I have found generally they seem to perform better than the multi-mode packages, but less convenient in some respects.
      >
      > MMTTY and MMSSTV are good for RTTY / SSTV, Digipan or WinPSK for PSK31, WSPR and WSJT for digi modes. The list is endless.
      >
      > Everyone has their favourites, but all work well with the SDR receiver.
      >
      > 73, Bob G8VOI
      >

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Philip" <pcteee@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sat patiently waiting for my SR Ensemble RX kit to arrive.
      > > Giving me chance to get started on erecting a long wire aerial and making an aerial tuner unit.
      > >
      > > Anyhoo, been looking around at various items of software that will decode to text, CW RTTY and many other types of transmissions.
      > >
      > > Anybody using this deconding software with their SRs?
      > >
      > > Digipan for PSK looks good as does Fldigi
      > >
      > > Any favorites?
      > >

      > > Regards
      > > Philip

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic