47370Re: [softrock40] Re: Advice needed with Ensemble RXTX

    Sep 1, 2010
      From: "Yannick" <
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Advice needed with Ensemble RXTX

      >> > - bad image rejection
      >> What version of PSDR?
      > Both 1.12 and 1.19 (beta) show the same behavior.

      Both have auto image rejection for RX. Bob, G8VOI recently posted
      instructions for 1.12 he knows the software better than I do.

      >> >and difficult Si570 frequency calibration,
      > I do my calibration in CFGSR, but I need PowerSDR to "read" the signal.
      > With I/Q signals reversed, the correction I was applying was sometime in
      > the wrong way...

      If the I/Q is reversed the tuning is as well. It will only be correct if I/Q
      is correct.

      >> > - Signals in PowerSDR seem saturated but sometime just tuning 10KHz
      >> > away
      >> > everything is normal...
      >> Stereo line input must be used, gain is usually kept high.
      > With both line-in and mic-in I have to keep the "record gain" at the
      > minimum, perhaps 2 "steps" above 0.
      > By "saturated" I mean that the waterfall is all yellowish, the s-meter at
      > S9+ even on a quiet 17m band (S1 noise with the FT-100 on same antenna),
      > and no way to receive signals even when I now they are there. Then I tune
      > the LO 10KHz lower and all the signals appear at their right place, like
      > if the "noise floor" as suddenly gone 50dB lower...

      I do not know, maybe you have made a bad adjustment.
      Was it always like that? You can revert to default by deleting the data
      file.
      "You have to find and delete the database.xml settings file which it does
      not reside in the installation folder. The database.xml file resides for XP
      in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\FlexRadio
      Systems\PowerSDR v1.19.3 and for Vista in C:\Users\<user
      name>\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems\PowerSDR v1.19.3" Christos Earlier
      versions of PSDR put the database file in the Program folder, Genesis
      database.xml, others use a different format PowerSDR.mdb.
      It is possible to save and select these files to use different
      configurations, or restore operation if it gets corrupted.

      PDSR has always worked for me with all the gain settings as default and with
      the record settings high. I even have to increase the waterfall sensitivity.
      The manual gives instructions how to setup correctly.