47365Re: Advice needed with Ensemble RXTX

  • Yannick
    Sep 1, 2010
      Hi Alan,

      Thanks for your answer.
      My comments are below.

      > > I have been battling through two problems :
      > > - bad image rejection
      >
      > What version of PSDR?
      Both 1.12 and 1.19 (beta) show the same behavior.

      > >and difficult Si570 frequency calibration,
      >
      > You should not need to calibrate the Si570 once it has been done with CFGSR.
      > <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/CFGSR/> Leave the software calibration
      > at default.
      I do my calibration in CFGSR, but I need PowerSDR to "read" the signal. With I/Q signals reversed, the correction I was applying was sometime in the wrong way...

      > > - Signals in PowerSDR seem saturated but sometime just tuning 10KHz away
      > > everything is normal...
      > > No such behavior in other softwares. I tried to use the Mic input
      >
      > I do not understand what you mean "saturated". Do not use the mic input.
      > Stereo line input must be used, gain is usually kept high.
      With both line-in and mic-in I have to keep the "record gain" at the minimum, perhaps 2 "steps" above 0.
      By "saturated" I mean that the waterfall is all yellowish, the s-meter at S9+ even on a quiet 17m band (S1 noise with the FT-100 on same antenna), and no way to receive signals even when I now they are there. Then I tune the LO 10KHz lower and all the signals appear at their right place, like if the "noise floor" as suddenly gone 50dB lower...
      With Rocky or DSP Radio I have not observed this behavior so I think my SoftRock is ok and the soundcard too.

      > > About the signal being saturated, no improvement but playing with the
      > > "Preamp" setting allows me to have a better behavior.
      > > I also encountered some parameters in AF gain and AGC to play with.
      >
      > It is best to leave most of the PSDR adjustments alone until you have read
      > the manual. Some do nothing anyway.
      Ok, thanks.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic