47354Re: [softrock40] Re: Advice needed with Ensemble RXTX

    Sep 1, 2010
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Yannick"
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Advice needed with Ensemble RXTX

      > I have been battling through two problems :
      > - bad image rejection

      What version of PSDR?

      >and difficult Si570 frequency calibration,

      You should not need to calibrate the Si570 once it has been done with CFGSR.
      <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/CFGSR/> Leave the software calibration
      at default.

      > - Signals in PowerSDR seem saturated but sometime just tuning 10KHz away
      > everything is normal...
      > No such behavior in other softwares. I tried to use the Mic input

      I do not understand what you mean "saturated". Do not use the mic input.
      Stereo line input must be used, gain is usually kept high.

      > Finally I found out that my computer audio channels were reversed! It
      > seems a hardware problem and no way to change it. I had to rewire the
      > SoftRock PCB "straight" to get it work with PowerSDR.

      This is the reccommended way, PSDR is different often with no swap option.

      > About the signal being saturated, no improvement but playing with the
      > "Preamp" setting allows me to have a better behavior.
      > I also encountered some parameters in AF gain and AGC to play with.

      It is best to leave most of the PSDR adjustments alone until you have read
      the manual. Some do nothing anyway.