45920RXTX Ensemble

  • chips635
    Jul 19, 2010
      I got my RXTX Ensemble 10 days ago, put it together in a couple of days

      and spent the last week trouble-shooting. I used WB5RVZ's instructions

      and everything went well until the last stage. U10, pins one and

      15 both have 5Volts on them, the RXTX Ensemble draws 27.63mA normally

      and 27.65mA when I short pin 4 of U4 to ground. The receive doesn't

      work although it did during the stage when we tested it. I'm old

      and couldn't remember how I wound the transformers so I rewound

      T2,3,4 and 5. I've built most of the SoftRock kits with no trouble,

      but this one's kicking my butt. I had a bunch of BS170s so I

      replaced Q9, 10, and 11 to no avail. What could be holding the PTT

      high. I've checked parts placement twice, Ohmed all the resistors

      before I installed them. The only thing that wasn't correct

      in the checks was the continuity check between c27 to c39 has

      continuity all the time, now that all the parts are in place

      but I'm sure it worked correctly during construction.

      Sorry for such a long post, but it looks like I won't be able

      to finish this one without help.

      Thanks, 73, Norm, k6uo
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic