4382Re: [softrock40] What can you do with a Pentium III 450 MHz or a Celeron 433 MHz on Linux?

  • FRANCIS CARCIA
    May 4, 2006
      Hi Rob,
      The ultimate rejection of the typical sound card does not match the performance ot that little 56303 but all the cool software out there makes it easy to use. My goal was to build a sdr demodulator for my Racal RA6830. The addition of the spectrum display makes it a nice tool. I built a home brew module that fits in a spare slot of the radio and makes I/Q at 7.625 kHz. I used a color burst crystal divided by 8 to make the I/Q LO for the 455 KHz demodulation. I may switch over to my old novice crystal 3725 to get a higher IF. I still think SDR needs 1 stage of conversion with a roofing filter but am keeping an open mind.  fc

      Rob Frohne <frohro@...> wrote:
      Hi Francis,

      Yes, that was a long time ago.  It appears that things have improved in
      the SDR world while I was playing in other areas.  I still have the
      R2-DSP, and plan to try it with the new PC software.  Your comments
      below encourage me greatly.

      Thanks & 73,

      Rob

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic