4370Re: What can you do with a Pentium III 450 MHz or a Celeron 433 MHz on Linux?

  • f6fvy
    May 3 3:19 PM
      Hi Rob

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Rob Frohne <frohro@...> wrote:

      > I am wondering if anyone has tried the Softrock40 with anything like a
      > Pentium III 450 MHz or a Celeron 433 MHz computer on Linux? Can the
      > parameters be adjusted so that these older computers will work ok?

      FYI, I run Rocky on a PIII 500 MHz under Win98 (and also Win2k) with
      pre-recorded IQ files with no problem. I'm waiting my SoftRock and
      will inform on the list if it also works.

      60/65% use with 48 kHz sampled files
      85/90% use with 96 kHz sampled files

      10/15% less with window minimized...

      73