43640Re: PA Kits for the Softrock V6.3 RXTX

  • Pascal
    May 3, 2010
      Hi - I also use currently the 6.3 on the air. I have added the 10 W amp from DL2FI http://www.qrpproject.de/UK/qrppa2008.html which takes a 10mW signal at input (+ the output filters from Virgil) - i have put an attenuator after the 1W 6.3 PA, but a broadband 10 mW output could be more attractive. Can you publish your modification ?
      Pascal www.f6ehp.fr

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "n4fbz" <n4fbz@...> wrote:

      > I modified my softrock so that it has a broadband balun for both tx and rx, and I'm working on an external amp (using the kit from Kits and Parts http://www.kitsandparts.com/linearamp.php) that takes the output from the mixers, puts the signal through a bandpass filter (built into the amp box), and then outputs the signal (through more filtering).
      >
      > I also incorporated a receive preamp in the circuit that should eliminate a lot of the rx problems I've heard about (but only experience to a small amount). The goal? Have a QRP rig that out performs and is cleaner than anything available through the "market"- and I think that might end up being the case!
      >
      > The whole idea was to build a modular system. Seperate softrock that can be used (plugged in) to many different setups and circuits. External filtering as needed. External amp as well. I can also by switching cables use my softrock as an IF receiver, or as the basis of a nice transverter-style 2m SSB system... or for any number of applications.
      >
      > BTW- The softrock was built into a nice rf-tight case with feedthroughs and very strong isolation of any noise source, as well as proper audio-type grounding (single point). That makes it an awesome receiver even without the impedance-matching preamp, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on transmit!
      >
      > (I just wish that they'd port Rocky to Linux, and add SSB capacity to the software!)
      >
      > Bob
      > N4FBZ
      >

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Preston Douglas <pdouglas12@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Chris,
      > >
      > > I have the Packer Amp with my RXTX 6.3. Per alternate instructions, changed the input attenuator to 1dB, and I get 15-20 watts out LINEAR from about 500 mW input from the RXTX. Really gets out well.
      > >

      > > Preston Douglas WJ2V

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic