      From: softrock40@yahoogroups.com [mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of g8voip
      Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:42 AM
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: DigiPan TX with RXTX 6.3 and USBtoI2C?

      Hi Brent,

      The simplest way to link the two programs for controlling the PTT line is to use one of the 'Virtual COM port' programs to create two linked 'virtual' serial ports.

      There are a couple freely available.

      I am using N8VB's vCOM which does the job nicely. All you need to do is set up a pair of virtual ports, say COM8 and 18, then in Digipan > Configure set the PTT to COM8 and choose which signal you want to use, say DTR or RTS (or both), then in PSDR on the CAT Control tab, check the Enable PTT control, enter COM18 and select RTS or DTR (or both) as required.

      A quick Google for N8VB will find the information and download.

      Others use the Com0Com software, which performs the same function.

      If you get more ambitious it is also possible to link PSDR with other programs like Digipan and use the CAT functions via virtual COM ports to provide band switching and frequency displays etc. I have not got around to playing with that side yet.

      73, Bob G8VOI

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "BD" <bdewitt@...> wrote:

      > Is this possible? How does one get DigiPan to talk to the SoftRock PTT?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Brent - AB1LF

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic