4339Re: [linrad] Fwd: [softrock40] Ver 7 28Mhz preamp? Yes

  • Giancarlo Moda
    May 1 1:24 AM
      Hi all,

      the preamplifier at 28MHz is required when the VHF-SHF
      converter has a low gain and its output is designed
      for a higher gain IF like the one used in Linrad HDW
      or others.

      I would suggest to add the W7AAZ preamplifier using
      4xJfet in parallel, as used in the CDG2000 and
      Pic-A-STAR. This preamplifier has a very low noise
      (expected below 2dB)and another important aspect: The
      output impedance changes are no reflected to the input
      like for the Norton amplifier. It also has a high IIP3
      (>+35dBm).

      You may visit: http://www.warc.org.uk/ and look for
      the CDG2000 project.

      73