42175Re: An Idea, tell me what you think:

  • drmail377
    Mar 15, 2010
      Hi Lee,

      Yes, I forgot about the DDSV4. I've been in-touch with Kanga US (a Distributor) and the manufacturer, Dick at www.rmt-tech.com. The DDSV4 is a "spinner" and can go through 160MHz. Pre-built around $120 USD. Not bad considering the VFO's are seemingly built by hand in batches (labor costs must be considered) on a demand basis. Dick has been very straightforward about availability. The Beauty of the DDSV4 is that in the spirit of Ham innovation, the source code and schematics are available and relatively unencumbered. Kudos to the DDSV4 project! There's a lot of old docs regarding the DDSV4 on distributor sites, go to Dick to get the latest. The DDS reference clock is now no longer +/-100ppm as in some old docs. Much better now. Looks like a winner.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Lee Boulineau <n4mvl@...> wrote:

      > I think Kanga US has a 1-100 Mhz DDS.....
      >
      > 73 de N4MVL Lee

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic