40374Re: [softrock40] Si570 desoldering tips

  • robnj74@aol.com
    Feb 1, 2010
      Hot Air as previously suggested is IMHO the easiest way, I normally shield the nearby components with  tin-foil. It can prevent damage to the nearby components.

      73's Rob K2RJJ

      In a message dated 2/1/2010 8:43:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, brainerd@... writes:

      barrymichels wrote:
      > I just received a shipment notification for the 2 Si570 samples I ordered 2 weeks ago. They should be here Wednesday. The Si570 that is in my RXTX won't let me tune over 10Mhz. What's the best method for removing the damaged chip without damaging the board?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Barry - KE4JUC

      Hot air. Just be careful not to overheat nearby components.

      Dave - WB6DHW
      <http://wb6dhw. com>

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic