39239LO Question

  • wa1vta01452
    Jan 2, 2010
      Hi,

      Just completed the 80/40 SR. Using Rocky to attempt troubleshooting.
      When the center freq is set to 7046, the actual signal is about 34 khz
      higher. If I generate a signal on 7046 with my IC746pro, it shows up
      on 7080 +/- on the Rocky display. I measured the LO and LO x 4
      frequencies and get the following values:

      DIP SW LO base freq Actual read

      0000 1846 1826 (-20)
      0001 1892 1872 (-20)
      0010 3546 3507 (-39)
      0011 3846 3804 (-42)
      0100 7046 6967 (-79)
      0101 7138 7221 (-83)
      0110 10029 10146 (-117)

      DIP SW LO x 4 Actual read

      0000 7384 7298 (-86)
      0001 7568 7483 (-85)
      0010 14184 14024 (-160)
      0011 15384 15210 (-174)
      0100 28184 27863 (-321)
      0101 28884 28550 (-334)
      0110 40584 40114 (-470)

      What could I look at to see why the frequency seems shifted? Also the 746 signal is way down in signal strength on Rocky. I have
      symmetry around the center frequency as well, seeing at least two, if
      not 4 signal mirror images. What controls the sensitivity of the
      receiver? Can the receiver FULLY function independently if I unplug
      the xmit board and jumper P2 pins 1-5?

      Thanks for any assistance,

      Tom
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic