37714Re: [softrock40] Re:FYI Genesis Radio

  • Dave - WB6DHW
    Nov 2, 2009
      For removing multi-pin devices, nothing beats hot air. Anyone know of
      a low cost controllable way. My rework station(Aoyue 968) works great,
      but at about $150 is not cheap! I would like to introduce some of our
      clubs new hams to the joys of homebrewing.

      Dave - WB6DHW
      <http://wb6dhw.com>

      drmail377 wrote:
      > Hi Robby, you said, "Bellman 19.95 special from Frees". I think you meant:
      >
      > Velleman VTSS5U 50W Solder Station (approx $20 at Frys)
      >
      > http://shop1.frys.com/product/4825190;jsessionid=JgkkdKH3TaF0Y-KUZY+jHQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
      >
      > Same link here:
      >
      > http://bit.ly/2e2ET9
      >
      > FYI, this iron is 115VAC only.
      >
      > 73's David WB4ONA
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R R Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Tom:
      >>
      >> Re soldering iron: you definitely want something that is temperature-controlled and preferably with a grounded tip. I use the Bellman 19.95 special from Frees (see http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/sr_lite_ii/ - there is some fairly helpful info on that page).
      >>
      >> tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
      >> What happens in the shack
      >> Stays in the shack!

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic